Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Vintage YoYo Necklace- a new endeavor

A while back, I came upon an enormous stack of material samples at an estate from the 40's-50's in the most amazing cotton prints. I had no idea what I was going to with them because they are all pretty small, but I had an idea last night and woke up early this morning to give it a shot. Fabric yoyos! Ok, not really exciting but I have seen some really cool jewelry made out of them and I gave it a shot. It only took about an hour to make this whole necklace:



The best part is that I have just enough of the fabrics for two, so the one pictured here went up in the shop today.

3 comments:

  1. those are too sweet! makes me wish desperately that i were more crafty and accomplished as a sewer.

    (think your 'shop' link here is on the blink)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies!! They were super easy to make, just cut a circle, turn down the edge and do a running stitch, gather, tack down the gathered part with a couple stitches in the center, and sew a button in the middle! Thanks for the heads up, I fixed the link!

    ReplyDelete