Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Today was a good day

Today I went out thrifting; I took a long, long bus ride out to Savers and studied for the GRE like a good girl. I looked around and found NOTHING; was on my way out when I saw a fur coat hanging next to a mirror. I immediately noticed it was monogrammed inside; that was a good sign! Upon closer inspection, I began to notice that it was absolutely stunning, marvelous and wonderful in every possible way, and in the loveliest condition. It is fox; black collar, tan with white tips in a diamond set pattern right to the calves. It fit like it was cut for me, but I won't ever wear such a glamorous thing so I am taking it to a furrier for appraisal. Pictures and appraisal news to follow!

On the way home I missed the bus (of course) and had 20 minutes to kill before another came so I went into the thrift store on the corner and I found the dress I have on below. Black crepe, rhinestones, metal back zip; the best is the assymetrical, elegant draping at the shoulders! It fits like a glove, and I am awfully tempted to keep it for myself. What do you guys think, keep or sell?





6 comments:

  1. the beauty of vintage is your can keep AND sell! keep for a while, wear it and then sell it later! the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a vintage dress fits like it was made for you - it is a must keep! Also, you will know after you have worn it a couple of times whether it should belong to you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies- I think the verdict is keep, then maybe sell if I ever get tired of it. But I don't think that will ever happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep it! You'll be the best-dressed graduate student in your future cohort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep it! bring the hem up a few inches and you've got your rehearsal dinner dress!

    ReplyDelete