I have a tendency to get bored easily, and hence slip into a lazy, lethargic state of existence in which nothing gets done and I waste time that could be spent doing better things. Right now, I have tons of time and I want to use it while it lasts doing all the things that I always complained about not having the time to do. So, true to my OCD list-making form, I created the Laid Off Laid Back To-Do List which will include:
- Read all the blogs I follow in the mornings over cereal.
- Drink huge iced coffees afterward
- Get to the gym or go run five times a week
- Wednesday morning runs to the Salvation Army for half off day
- Take the doggie for a long walk every night
- Updating the shop with amazing, perfect listings almost every day
- My kitchen table covered in beads and sewing (image credit here)
- Cooking salmon, thai food, baking banana nut bread and apple pies when it gets cooler
- Spending time studying for the GRE
- Painting my nails, styling my hair, staying groomed in general and wearing aprons and lingerie around the house (image credit here)
- Weekend train rides to new places and estate sales
- Outfits filled with skirts and frilly things and weird things I could have never worn to work
- Camera trips; just me and my Nikon D60
- Incessant listening to Pandora
- Writing a recipe book of all the family recipes for Christmas gifts
- Twice weekly scouring of apartment, ultimate freedom from dust bunnies (image here)
- Traveling to other east coast states to visit buddies; long drives through Vermont and Boston when the leaves change
- Scanning and cataloging all the images I have been collecting these past couple years
- Start using all these images in my blogs and become better at Photoshop
- Bicycle rides all over. To the park and through it, on boardwalks, over crunching leaves, etc.
- Drinking lots of wine. Funny enough the image below combines these last two goals; this is an old French bicycle advertisement label adopted for the label on a very good red wine:
Now, I am going to put the list-making aside and actually go do something!