Monday, May 25, 2009

Ellis Island

My mom finally came into town and we made the trek over to Ellis Island. My mother's Sicilian family passed through there when coming to America before settling in Brooklyn, so we thought it would be fun to go try and look up names in the registry. I'd been to Ellis Island once before, and was really impressed by the collection of artifacts that once belonged to people from all over the world that passed through.

Most of these items were donated either by the person themselves or by the family. Although a lot of the good linens and photos were away for conservations, I still managed to get some decent photos of some of the beautiful handmade things from the old country. Below are some of my favorites, and also an outfit I put together inspired by all the gorgeous things I saw.


Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket


Camisole: Forever 21
Skirt: Vintage
Bag: 1920's vintage
Boots: Boutique 59
Jewelry: Vintage


No comments:

Post a Comment