Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Collector's Collection

I have been meaning to talk about the most epic estate sale of all times for the last few weeks. I found myself so overwhelmed with all the good things I found that I have not even done a post! I am actually going to keep adding pictures to this post as I take them because these are just a few snippets of the things I found.

The ad for this sale promised tons of vintage clothes, purses, and jewelry but the sale was really out of the way. Four times a year a local church does a tag sale that usually yields good treasure so I was really excited for that one and decided to go to it first because it was so close. Being carless in Queens is quite a challenge sometimes! After finding absolutely nothing, I decided to get a cab to the other place because I could not get it out of my head. I got the address wrong, and ended up having to walk in the rain for 30 minutes to get there. But when I walked through the doors, I practically had a heart attack.

This house. literally, had not had anything removed from it in at least 40-50 years. The woman must have been the most unapologetic shopaholic on the planet! There were purses with tags still on right out of the 40s and 50s, and a pile of vintage clothing about 6 feet high in the center of the bedroom. Oh, did I mention the eight closets full of it too? Or how about the sewing room filled with boxes to the ceiling stuffed with lace, beads, appliques, trim, feathers, fabric still on the bolt... I just nearly died, and honestly it still haunts me that I could not drag home more than the 60 pound that I filled. Anyways, I kept a few nice things for myself, but the rest must go on Etsy because my boyfriend is ready to throw me and my gazillion purses out on the curb. They are covering nearly every spare flat surface in the house. What he doesn't know is there is a huge stash of stuff under the bed. Well, he does; but I think he would be amazed at just how much I've managed to stuff there!

Here are a few of my favorite things, some are listed and some I have not had the chance yet so check back soon:


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment