Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Look for the New Year

Call me schizophrenic, but I really love to shake things up every few months. I am always looking for ways to improve or I go bonkers with boredom. So when I met Harlene, I knew I had to make room for her in my life. Harlene is my new mannequin. She is a Wolf, from 1964 and has seen a lot of love. Especially around her boobs. Even though she's been around the block, I couldn't say no to those gently forward-sloped hips, parchment colored exterior and tiny waist that will finally fit every vintage thing I own. Her name is stamped on her front, the mannequin belonged to a fit model in the 60's. I am really digging a rustic, equestrian, slightly rugged look right now and I think she displays my items so beautifully. Here's a look at how today's shoot turned out, courtesy of the lovely Harlene:


4 comments:

  1. love the new mannequin (: and that first bag! I can't wait to see it your shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my dream mannequin! It looks wonderful in the photos. I love that it had the name stamped on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whhhhhhhere did you find her?! where where where!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craigslist! I put out a wanted ad, and someone responded with pictures. What luck, right?

    ReplyDelete