Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Exciting News

I never thought I would need the kind of space that I need now to run a business. When I moved into my current place, I hadn't even heard of Etsy and was working a dreadfully boring office job. My place was just a crash pad for my tired, weary, depressed self and it was three times bigger than what I had in Manhattan and a lot cheaper so I was pretty stoked on moving in.

Then came Etsy. A wonderful, happy, awesome way to make a living- but my apartment became completely overrun with dresses, bags, shoes... sigh. Luckily poor hubby had his nose buried in law text books the last year so he didn't really notice the creeping piles of stuff, shipping boxes, soaking bins, mending piles, off season merchandise... you get the idea. It was enough to drive me insane!

The day before we left for our wedding, our evil little old Greek landlord told us that she is moving her entire Greek family into our apartment because they can't find jobs in Greece and need a place to live. I initially panicked because I was already in panic mode from the wedding but then realized it was meant to be, because I was dreaming of moving every single waking moment of my life.

Long story short, The Greedy Seagull is moving into a large, bright art deco work studio next Sunday! We found a gorgeous three bedroom place that will allow me to not only have a beautiful new work space, but a big eat in kitchen and a lot of privacy as well. Of course, I took the biggest room in the house as my own (insert Greedy snipe here). But finally, finally I will not have to wait for the one sliver of daylight my current place gives me to shoot, and all my vintage will have an organized place and a home!

The shop will probably be a bit slow the next week, but I have well over a hundred fall stunners waiting to get photographed in their new home. Stay tuned, fall is going to be exciting!

xoxo
G

No comments:

Post a Comment