Thursday, April 16, 2009

Retro wedges

Well spring is finally here and I am ready to show some toes! Though I love to put on a stilletto for about, um, 20 minutes, I really am all about the comfy shoes. However, I am only 5'2" so I need a little lift! Wedges are the perfect solution. I am particularly enamored with 1940's and 50's style ones like these:


Photobucket

However, I since I can't have these same ones I have been searching for a suitable stand in and think I have at last decided on a pair of Kork-Ease that have a really similar profile. This company has been around since 1953 and still makes very retro, comfortable styles. I think I am sold:

Photobucket

I am also a big fan of German made Worishofers; some of their shoes are old-ladyish but others are downright flirty and retro! They have also been around for quite some time. I own the pair below in cherry red, and I have to say they are the most comfortable, buttery soft thing that ever graced my feet.

Photobucket

As much as I love these I still cannot stop lusting after this pair from Remix Vintage Shoes - the tooled leather is just too perfect:


Photobucket

And last but not least, this versatile, demure little grey pair I found on the Anthro website:


Photobucket
A bit more modern but still retro enough to wear with a cotton 50's day dress. My toes are nearly frozen as we speak, but they should thaw out by Saturday because it's supposed to be 70 degrees in New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment